Set in the idyllic countryside, close to the South coast and across two sites, this school distinguishes itself in the area as a co-educational, day and boarding school building with a solid reputation in school football circles by having their own Football Academy.
Academic endeavour meets ‘hands-on learning’ through bespoke co-curricular programmes. By placing students at the centre of their own learning, tailored study paths develop knowledge, skills and experiences that play to students’ strengths, interests and various learning styles. This makes for a well-rounded student experience where individuals are able to take control of their own learning.
Broad and diverse co-curricular programmes are designed to enrich the student experience, and in doing so, develop free-thinking and skills-based learning that inspires Leadership, Creativity, Team Spirit, Community-mindedness and academic excellence. The GCSE curriculum is challenging both in depth and breadth, and the Sixth Form offers A-Levels, as well as BTECs.
Academic results are well above the national average with 2021 results as follows:
- GCSE A*-C (9-4) grades: 95%
- A Levels A*-C grades: 94%
The Academy offers an intensive football development programme capable of taking the most gifted footballers to the next level as well as opening doors to a broad range of roles in the game such as Coaching, Scouting, Performance Analysis and Research.
Benefits for attending include:
- The Academy Director with 25+ years in coaching, recruitment and scouting, with links to Category 1, 2 & 3 Clubs in the UK and Clubs overseas
- Up to 13 hours a week of high level coaching
- State-of-the-art facilities with 5 full-size pitches plus an indoor futsal hall
- First class coaching from highly-qualified coaches
- Individual and group training programmes including technical, tactical and physical
- A regular games program with other schools, county and national tournaments as well as friendlies with professional clubs
- Trials for playing at County level
- Personalised Strength & Conditioning training and nutritional advice from in-house Head of S&C
- Separate sessions focusing on fitness and SAQ (Speed, Agility, Quickness)
- Regular individual and game analysis, with support from on-site Head of Player Analysis
- Regular reviews on performance in both training and matches in line with academic reviews
- Support for injury rehabilitation
- Opportunities to be scouted for trials with professional clubs both in the UK and in Europe for those who excel
- Links with sports colleges in the United States including scholarship opportunities
- An opportunity to train and make friends with players from more than 26 different countries training in the Academy