We offer parents and their children honest, bespoke and comprehensive advice and support throughout the process of identifying and applying for a school as well as once the child has started the next chapter of their life in the U.K and all for free. Our services include:
Initial Consultation (F2F or Zoom) & Enquiries with Schools
- Explaining the U.K. school system and pathways related to specific areas of interest
- Understanding your child’s background (personal details, academic & interests/passions) and your objectives for coming to the U.K.
- Contacting schools to gather necessary information specific to your needs and expectations
- Identifying and recommending schools which best your requirements though a comprehensive report supplemented with school prospectuses
- Arranging a virtual school tour and initial meetings with the preferred schools via Zoom (Head of Admissions and other key personnel from sports, music etc.)
- Supporting you as a part of your decision making – i.e. asking further questions, further research etc.
- Assisting in preparing a sports bio, directions on creating a showcase video etc.
- Assisting in preparing for admission interviews / testing
- Liaising with the relevant school(s) regarding scholarships and the application process
- Assisting in filling out and filing the application form(s) with any supporting documents
- Liaising with the relevant school(s) to follow up the result
- Assisting in decision making, further clarification with the school(s) if necessary
Acceptance of offer
- Assisting in communicating the acceptance of the offer with the school.
- Providing support in finding an appropriate guardian (if required)
- Liaising with the school admission office for various admission procedures such as payment of deposit, submission of the necessary documents, setting date of arrival, boarding arrangements etc.
- Supporting Tier 4 student visa application process (if required)
Arrival in the UK
- Liaising with the school to confirm the date of arrival and arrange an airport pick up either by the school driver or by an outsourced transportation company (if required)
- Liaising with the school to ensure that the start of school runs smooth, and any issues are addressed promptly
- Liaising with the school to ensure that your child is satisfied with the co-curricular arrangements and if there is any issue, look to resolve the issue promptly
Throughout the entire school life
- Assisting you in communicating with the school for any updates both academically and co-curricular
- Liaising with the school coaches and teachers regarding progress, development and pathways
- Providing consultation with you on any concerns regarding the child’s progress or development
- Visiting the school and child occasionally to watch games/training and talk with coaches (dependent on schedule)
We have been through the process as parents, we have placed others and we know what you need to look for in choosing the right school by asking the right questions.
We personally visit each school, meet key staff including Heads of Admissions and Academy Directors and keep abreast of their latest achievements.
We ensure there is the right balance between the education and co-curricular pathways, so as to develop an all-rounded individual, whether going on to pursue their dream or elsewhere.
We listen, we ask specific questions on your behalf and we gather as much information to recommend schools that best fit your criteria and which we feel would develop your child the most.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank UK Sports Schools for their professional introduction and service. In particular, I would like to thank Samuel Chan for his careful follow-up and detailed explanation of the entire selection and application process, which went smoothly and to our satisfaction.”
After the interview, Mr Haddow and his team followed up on the child's situation, including registration, visa application, course selection, flight booking, personal equipment preparation, etc. They took their time to teach the child to prepare for the whole process. They not only take care of the children's practical needs, but also equip them psychologically, so that they can grow up slowly during the preparation process, which is very rare.
After our son joined the school, their team also contacted us from time to time to understand how our child was adjusting to the school, so that we could get the most appropriate, suitable and caring assistance. We would like to thank Mr Haddow and his team for their dedication and help.”
UKSS not only has a lot of experience in arranging admissions and giving academic advice to children, but also has a good understanding of the level of soccer at each school. This allows us to directly feel, understand and appreciate the passion of each school for soccer and the direction of their student athletes, which is rare.
Our son is now enrolled in a school that he loves and is a good fit for him. In addition to being able to focus on his favorite subject academically, the intensity, pace, and atmosphere of the soccer field has broadened his horizons and allowed him to enjoy soccer more!”